The Rust Bullet Products SDS documents contain all safety recommendations for preparation, application and clean up, and can be found here: Rust Bullet Products Technical Documents

A certain degree of risk is involved in the use, or more properly, the misuse, of most industrial materials; Rust Bullet is no exception to this rule.

Ensure adequate ventilation and fresh air when working with Rust Bullet coatings. Use a NIOSH-approved Half-Mask Organic Vapor Respirator and a P100 filter attached with a filter cover. Filters must be changed when they become saturated. Wear protective clothing, gloves, and eye protection during set up, application, and clean up. It is critical to avoid any conditions that may cause a fire. Avoid open flames, pilot lights, sparks, heating elements, cigarettes, or all possible sources of ignition.

Warning! If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.EPA.GOV/LEAD.

Rust Bullet Solvent  Warning: Hazard & Prevention: Flammable Liquid and Vapor / Harmful or Fatal if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. May affect central nervous system causing dizziness, headache, or nausea. Prolonged or repeated contact may dry skin and cause irritation and burns. Respiratory and skin irritant and sensitizer. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Use in well-ventilated areas. Close container after each use. Keep away from heat/sparks, open flame/hot surfaces  No Smoking. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Store in a cool, dry, ventilated area, out of direct sunlight. For spills/leaks, collect liquid in appropriate container or absorb with inert material (vermiculite, dry sand, earth) and place in chemical waste container. Dispose of in accordance with US Federal, State, and local hazardous waste disposal regulations.

Warning: This product does contain an ingredient(s) designated by IARC, NTP, ACGIH, OSHA or European Chemical Commission as probable or suspected human carcinogens.

FIRST AID: Skin Exposure: If this product contaminates the skin, decontaminate it with running water. Remove exposed or contaminated clothing. Eye Exposure: If product enters the eyes, open contaminated individual’s eyes while under gently running water. Use sufficient force to open eyelids. Remove contact lenses if worn. Have contaminated individual  eyes. Minimum flushing is for 15 minutes.
Inhalation: If vapors/mists generated by this product are inhaled, remove contaminated individual to fresh air. If contaminated, seek medical attention if irritation develops or persists or if visual changes occur. Seek medical attention if any adverse effect occurs from any exposure.

Ingestion: If this product is swallowed, CALL PHYSICIAN OR POISON CONTROL CENTER FOR MOST CURRENT INFORMATION. DO NOT induce vomiting; if vomiting occurs spontaneously, keep head below hips to prevent aspiration of liquid into lungs. Never induce vomiting or give diluents (milk or water) to someone who is unconscious, having convulsions, or unable to swallow. SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION.

Refer to the SDS at or call 800-245-1600 for more complete product information including safety, use, storage, and disposal information