Rust Inhibitor 10 Year Warranty
Rust Bullet® Limited Warranty
Rust Bullet, LLC warrants its products to be free from material defects.
Rust Bullet® is manufactured under the strict formula specifications that were established in its extensive scientific studies. Any application or procedure which is different from the Rust Bullet guidelines that were used and proven in these studies will render Rust Bullet ineffective, as set forth below.
10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Rust Bullet’s Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) Program is in effect subject to the limits stated below. The Warranty is limited specifically to the refinished area to which the Rust Bullet® Standard or Rust Bullet® Automotive Formulas are applied.
The Rust Bullet Warranty requires application of the coating in compliance with the Application Guidelines. All coatings projects should be inspected and documented and the inspection document must be sent to Rust Bullet upon completion of project. The minimum coverage must be a finished dry film thickness (DFT) of twelve (12) mils. For commercial, industrial, or marine applications, repeated coatings of Rust Bullet are required to have a minimum finished dry film thickness (DFT) of fifteen (15) mils. For commercial, industrial or marine applications, applications must be inspected and documented by a certified SSPC or NACE Coating Inspector, including photos and DFT meter readings.
Acceptable methods of inspection may be performed by Rust Bullet, at its option, for Warranty verification; therefore, the Rust Bullet Warranty is limited to purchases and projects located within the 48 contiguous United States unless otherwise approved by Rust Bullet, in advance and in writing. Should inspection reveal that any coating failures were not caused by defects in Rust Bullet’s coating, the customer will bear all costs associated with inspection.
Surface preparation must be performed in accordance with Rust Bullet’s Application Guidelines. Always refer to the current version in effect at www.RustBullet.com.
The Rust Bullet Warranty is void when a coated area is previously compromised by penetration. While prepping and re-coating may prove satisfactory, such applications are beyond the scope of this Warranty.
The Rust Bullet Warranty is void when a previously coated area is later compromised by penetration through the Rust Bullet coating; however, prepping and re-coating per manufacturer’s recommendations in the compromised area will reactivate the original Warranty.
The Rust Bullet Warranty is void if the product is reduced, thinned (except as stated in Rust Bullet application guidelines), diluted or altered without prior written permission from Rust Bullet.
This Warranty is to the original purchaser only, and excludes product damage due to application error, product abuse, or product misuse.
Rust Bullet preserves, at its option, the right to replace any Product which does not conform to the Warranty or, in the alternative, to refund the Products’ purchase price, on a pro-rated basis. This Warranty shall be pro-rated over the 10 year period on a quarterly basis, with changes in the pro-rated amount changing quarterly on the anniversary date of the purchase. During the first quarter, the Warranty shall cover 100% of the cost. Thereafter, the amount paid (or product replaced) by Rust Bullet under this limited Warranty shall be pro-rated by 1/40th for each quarter after the purchase date.
This Warranty does not provide protection against, and Rust Bullet, LLC will have no liability under this Warranty for, any failure, defect, or damage caused by circumstances and events beyond normal exposure conditions and/or beyond Rust Bullet, LLC’s control, including but not limited to:
- Improper transportation, handling or storage of the Rust Bullet coating by either the applicator or the property owner, including but not limited to: failure to keep the material dry, exposure to standing water, surface defects, efflorescence, chalking, neglect, abuse, or misuse, or other damage.
- Failure of either the applicator or the property owner to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance to the Rust Bullet coating before, during or after its application, including but not limited to: abrasions from rubbing, scratching, dents, dings or other causes; damage caused by tools, ladders, scaffolding and other job site tools.
- Improper application of the coating not in strict adherence with Rust Bullet LLC’s written application guidelines in effect and published at www.RustBullet.com at the time of the original application of the Rust Bullet coating.
- Defects in, failure of or damage to the substrate on which the Rust Bullet coating is applied.
- Impact of foreign objects, fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, hail, hurricane, tornado, windstorm, vandalism, acts of war or other casualty or act of God.
- Color change or fading due to weathering, defined as exposure to sunlight and extremes of weather and atmosphere that will cause any coated surface to gradually fade, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains. The severity of any condition depends on the geographical location of the application, the cleanliness of the air in the area, and many other influences over which Rust Bullet, LLC has no control.
- Use of any primer, sealer, paint or other coating applied in conjunction with the Rust Bullet coating that is not recommended or supplied by Rust Bullet regardless of compliance with the primer, sealer, paint or coating manufacturer’s recommended application techniques or specifications.
- Any other damage not caused by a defect in the coating.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL OUR LIABILITY BE MORE THAN THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM.
This Warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. Implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, apply only if specifically required by law, and then only to the minimum extent required by such laws. Otherwise, all other warranties are specifically excluded.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. At the time of any inspection, if it is found that preparation or application procedures, or the use of the product were not in strict accordance with normal uses and instructions, the Warranty is void.
This Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada, USA. Any action pertaining to this Warranty must be instituted within one (1) year after the date of the event which is the basis of the claim. All such claims relating to this Warranty shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association held at a location nearest the headquarters of the Rust Bullet, LLC.
Rust Bullet Company and Product information and data are subject to change without notice. Please contact Rust Bullet, LLC or your Rust Bullet Representative for current and updated information.
Rust Bullet® is a Registered Trademark and has been awarded two United States Patents.